Last week Andrew had his last baseball game and we were all excited to watch. However, that was short-lived because Adam ended up hurting himself before we even saw the first pitch. According to a 4 year old eye witness named Preston, Adam was playing and fell down into a raised concrete monument thing. A nurse just happen to be there and helped Jason clean it up. A local council member came and found me in the stands and told me that Jason needed help because my little one was hurt. When I got there and saw that it was Adam I was so surprised. I thought for sure he was talking about Preston. The nurse said he needed stitches so we arranged for Andrew to come home with some friends so everyone else could go home and I could go to the ER.
The first doctor said they would glue the cut shut and that made me feel better. But then the head doctor came in and said they really didn't need to do anything. That was a bummer. Three hours in the ER for them to do nothing. It's always better safe than sorry though.
We didn't get home until 10:00pm and Adam never acted tired. I thought for sure he would fall asleep on the 1/2 hour drive home but he didn't. He still got up at 6:30 the next morning too. It was like nothing ever happened.
A funny side note about this. Do you remember a few posts before this about Jason dressed up as the strawberry and how they took him off the field in a stretcher? Well, at the ER when we were being led back to our room we walked by a stretcher that looked exactly like that one. Adam started yelling and pointing "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!". Of course it really sounded like "Da-eeeee!, Da-eeeee!, Da-eeeee!" It was pretty funny.
1 comment:
I'm glad he's not affected by it. We've had more of those head cuts than I can count. Trips to the ER are not fun.
Post a Comment