Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Garden


We finally have a garden! We have always wanted one but never thought we had room.  Last week I was looking at our side yard and started thinking that we probably could fit a little garden in. (The lawn mower barely has enough clearance between the corner of the garden and the A/C unit.) I casually mentioned it to Jason when we were at Lowes on Friday.  He bought some wood right then and by Saturday afternoon we had a garden.  The kids loved to help and they are excited about it growing. Now lets hope that it actually does produce some stuff.  This will be our very first garden so we will be learning a lot this year.  We planted tomatoes, basil, cucumbers, green pepper, watermelon, and cantaloupe.  I know that some of those things take up a lot of room but we wanted to plant things that our kids like to eat. Let's hope for success!

1 comment:

Annie Sunshine said...

I love your garden, it is so cute! And it should do well with little weeds since you made it with a raised bed. The kids look so excited, for their sake I hope it grows fast!