Preston also likes to talk about ANYTHING. He wants to know why that car is green, where are we going, where does Target live, what would happen if Nana didn't go back to Ohio, etc, etc. Sometimes I get tired of answering all his questions so I give simple answers. A favorite question of his is "What would happen if I went inside my stomach?". My response is always, "You'd be inside your stomach." He asks this about once a day.
A few days ago he came up with a different question. Out of the blue he asked me "What would happen if I went inside my heart?" My response was "You'd be inside your heart." He paused for a minute and then said, "Would I see Jesus there?"
It took me a minute to figure out his logic. It made me smile and then we had a discussion about how Jesus doesn't literally live in your heart.
3 comments:
Preston is so cute. I love all the questions. Natalie used to be like that. She would ask "Why" all day long. It would drive me crazy. Enjoy the "why's", because someday soon he will know it all, like Natalie does now;)
I love his thoughtful questions. Lindsay went through that phase, and then it turned into the "why" phase. I prefer the "what-if" phase!
We had a similar discussion with Ethan when he was the same age. We were telling him that he could feel Jesus in his heart. All was fine until he got the flu one night and threw up. He was sobbing out of control and finally explained why he was so sad. "I just threw up Jesus!"
Post a Comment