Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We Have Won!

As many of you know Jason was the zip code coordinator for our ward for Proposition 8.  He spent many, many, many, many hours on this.  He did this on top of being in the bishopric and also being on a committee for a local measure for the election.  Needless to say he has devoted his all to Proposition 8.  As you might have guessed his absence has been hard on our family.  (I must admit that I have had at least one nervous breakdown)  However, it has been worth it now that Prop 8 has passed.  It is such a miracle and a great thing to have your hard work be blessed with success.  Did I forget to mention, I AM SO GLAD THIS ELECTION IS OVER!!!!

3 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I am so excited about this, and was a big supporter, even if I'm not in CA. Greg's parents worked so hard on it as well. going door-to-door, and attending meetings after meetings. We got a little taste of it when we were there in October, and I am so proud of all of you for working so hard on this. I'm also glad the election is over. It will be interesting to see what the future brings.

Annie Sunshine said...

ME TOO!!! I'm sure the opponents of Prop 8 will try to bring it to the Supreme Court, or add a measure to repeal it at some point...but for now victory is ours, and I hope it will be for long enough time to feel the effects of peace on this issue. It took a lot of everyone's time and effort, but I think Jason spent MUCH MORE than his fair share on it.

jenny said...

This is seriously the funniest picture yet...Amen to your post, glad it is over too!