I thought I would make an update to my last post. Preston has done AWESOME with getting rid of his binkie. That first night was a killer and it took a lot of will power to just let him scream for 1 1/2 hours. However, the second night he only cried for about 20 minutes and the third night he didn't cry at all. He hasn't cried since that second night. Surprisingly he doesn't want his B when he doesn't get his binkie so he may be getting rid of that soon too. I will let him have a binkie at nap time until he doesn't take naps anymore. I NEED him to take a nap and I know he won't forever so it is the perfect enticement. And when he doesn't take naps it will be natural for him not to have a binkie at the other times. It has worked great with all my other kids and it usually keeps them taking naps longer than most. Did I mention- I NEED Preston to take a nap!
I am just so happy that I've crossed this milestone. I have been dreading it for a long time. Good for you Preston!
1 comment:
Good Job Preston!! What a big boy. When my mom was here this last weekend she was telling me about the kids jumping on the bounce house in G-ma's backyard. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Wish we could have been there. Do you think you will go next summer?
Post a Comment