Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Today the kids FINALLY got to carve their pumpkins. They couldn't believe it when I said that's what we were going to do.  However, once we got the lids carved on all of them and they put one hand in and they were done.  They all had the same comment, "I'm not touching that slimey stuff!"  So, 45 minutes later after I'd dug out all the pumpkins (which of course had to be the biggest ones that they could find) We started carving.

Natasha and Andrew had fun doing the actual carving for the first time.  Natasha got tired after one eye but Andrew did his whole face all by himself.




It's fun to carve, but a lot of work! Preston was done after we cut the lid off, Natasha was done after one eye, and Adam slept through the whole thing!

Here's the finished product!  (We got a face kit that came with the eyes.)







No comments: