Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Adam!

A couple of weeks ago we celebrated Adam's 3rd birthday. We had a joint party with his cousin Kaeli whose 10th birthday was just a few days after his.

This one of my favorite pictures of all time. I took this of Adam when he was about a week old. It was the picture we used on his birth announcement. What a sweet little face!

Kaeli and Adam waiting to blow out their candles. We sang twice so they each could do their own candles. Andrew and Jason put trick candles on Kaeli's side and it was so funny. Every time she tried to blow them out they would just light back up again. Everyone got a good laugh out of it.

Adam could hardly contain himself waiting to open his presents. There is hardly anything in his life that is all about him and he was sooo excited about his day. He kept going around saying "My Birt-day!, My Birt-day!" He got cars, trucks, and bulldozers and that made him very happy. After every present that was any kind of car he would yell "Hot Wheels! Hot Wheels!"

Here he his with two cars that he got that are from his all time favorite show "Hot Wheels: Battleforce 5" or as Adam calls it, "World Race". He slept with these cars and never let them out of his sight for over a week.

I had to include these two pictures. Adam has had a rough year as far as injuries go. We have made too many visits to the Emergency Room that's for sure! Luckily his injuries have not been too major. He's a pretty tough kid. The one above is from his fall at one of Andrew's baseball games. The one below is from his fall in Ohio where he ended up with two stitches in his lip.


I really like this picture. Adam is a true car man through and through. He is getting to where he can distinguish different makes and models of different cars. He knows a Nissan Titan truck from any other kind of truck (his cousin Ian has a Titan). He also knows a Corvette when he sees one. We were sitting at a stop light the other day and I couldn't figure out what he was saying. It sounded like "Coh- Va". I was guessing "cold?" "van?" I just wasn't getting it right. Then in the back of my mind I remembered seeing a white corvette go by and I guessed "Corvette?" Adam finally answered with a very enthusiastic "YEAH!" My brother has a corvette that he saw this summer but I was surprised he picked that one up going by.

Happy Birthday my little car man!

1 comment:

Annie Sunshine said...

Ahh...what a sweet little picture of baby Adam. I love that little guy, he is just so cute!