Friday, November 20, 2009

36 dinners in one day

This last Saturday my sister-in-law Renay came over and we cooked 36 dinners all in one day. That left 18 for each of us to put in our freezer.

Jason had taken all the kids to Renay's house the night before so we could really work. The kids were excited to have a sleep over with the cousins too. We went out and got pedicures and then to dinner. It was really nice and relaxing. NO KIDS IN SIGHT! We did have a slight glitch of Jason's car battery dying while we were out but luckily by friend's husband knows cars and he came and put a new one in for us.

This is my counter the night before. I also had a fridge full of meat (6 bags of frozen chicken from Costco, 12 lbs of hamburger, 2 pork roasts, 2 chuck roasts, & 2 lbs of sausage.) I meant to take a picture of us cooking but I totally forgot. We started about 8:00 am and were done around 3:30 pm. My feet were killing me by the end of the day. I only forgot one thing too so we only had to make one unexpected trip to the store. I thought that was pretty good. The other amazing thing is that we each got 18 dinners for only $162 each.

It feels great to have my freezer stocked with dinners!



2 comments:

Kelly and Kyla said...

WOW! Good for you. I wouldn't have enough room in my freezer for that many meals. Now you could go almost a month without cooking--which might be tempting after Sat.:)

ShelbyBehr said...

Kyla- my sister-in-law only has a second fridge with a small freezer besides her main fridge and she could fit it all. We put everything in large ziploc bags and make then really flat. You can fit quite a few in a small space doing it that way.