It finally came, Preston's first day of preschool. It was only a week and a half after the other kids but to him it felt like forever. He actually kind-of forgot about it so I didn't tell him until the very last minute. Otherwise he always gets so confused and thinks it's happening right away. So if I would get excited and say that school was starting soon he would right back say, today? Then I would be in a 20 minute conversation trying to explain it, with him still not getting it. So I've learned to just not say anything. I got him dressed, took this picture, brought his backpack in the car to run errands without him even realizing what was happening. I only told him when it was time to get in the car to go, ten minutes before it started. It was soooo much easier that way.

He had a blast and can hardly wait to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment