Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Big boy bed

This last week we have been working hard to restore Preston's room so that Adam could move in (he has slept in our walk-in closet for the past two years). When I was 7 months pregnant with Adam we wanted a quick way to decorate their room. We decided to do wallpaper which in the end was a very bad idea. Preston just ripped the room to shreds. This is the only picture I could find to show what it looked like. The whole room eventually looked like this. It has been bugging me to see the ripped wallpaper with the white walls underneath mixed with the painted walls.

So we spent some time taking off all the old wallpaper so we could paint. It came off really easily except for the spots where we had "fixed" problem areas when we were naive and really thought we could keep it looking nice. At this point we were cursing ourselves for actually trying to fix it because it took twice as long to get those areas off. We did end up getting it all off and then we repainted everything and now it looks really nice.

We put the other bed together and Adam officially moved in with Preston. The first night he wouldn't stay in so he went back to the crib. However, from the second night on he has done great and slept in there ever since. I was worried to put him and Preston together. So far it has worked well because Preston is so exhausted by the end of the day he basically falls asleep the minute his head hits the pillow. So Adam doesn't have anyone to talk with him. He occasionally comes wandering out but I just tell him to go back to bed and he does. It was much easier than I thought (and things usually don't come easy with my kids, what a pleasant surprise!)

Here is a picture of the whole room. We have the beds like this to gain the most play space but I'm not sure if that's how we will keep them. I would like to try and decorate over the next few months. Right now I just like to see the nice clean walls with NO ripped up wallpaper.

Way to go Adam!!!

1 comment:

Annie Sunshine said...

Way to go Shelby. Redecorating is always a lot of work, even if it seems like a "simple" project. I have learned there is no such thing.