Sunday, July 26, 2009

4th of July fireworks

It was the day the kids had been waiting for. . . . . . . . . they day to light of fireworks. Preston asks about the "big fireworks" (the local fireworks display) all year long. Andrew lives to light the fireworks in our court. The cousins were visiting so that made it extra fun. We just couldn't wait until dark so we started out with the smoke bombs.
As you can tell from the picture Adam just loved the smoke bombs. For some reason the kids liked to walk in the smoke.
Cousin Alyssa, Natasha, and Preston enjoying the fireworks.

All lined up ready for the show.

Our loot. The kids would each take turns picking one out to light.

Adam didn't really like doing the sparklers, I think they scared him. I got this really cute picture though. After this one he wouldn't do anymore.

This picture turned out really cool. It is Natasha, Andrew, and Preston with two sparklers each.

The next night was our home town fireworks display. Everyone really liked it. Preston liked the ones that looked like "glitter".

After a long three days of fun with the cousins Natasha ended up falling asleep during the show. I don't really know how someone could fall asleep during a fireworks display but that just tells you how exhausted she was. She woke up after this picture and then she saw the last half of the fireworks. She was a little mad at herself for missing the first half. She said "I just couldn't keep my eyelids open even though I was really trying. Man that makes me mad!"

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That is so cute that she fell asleep during the fireworks. Great pictures!