Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lassen - Day 1

Every summer for the last four summers we have taken a big camping trip with Jason's family. Two summers ago we went to Lassen Volcanic National Park and we really enjoyed it so we decided to go back. It started out a little rough though. Only 10 seconds after all the kids got out of the car to set up Preston got stung by a bee. Then about three hours later he was throwing up sick. Luckily it was a pretty mild sickness so it didn't keep him from doing too much. It was also lucky that the campground had a laundromat. :)

After we set up camp we went on a short hike to Manzanita Lake. The trail went right past our campsite.


Adam is Mr. Hiker. I think he was born to hike. I've never seen such a small child be able to walk and walk and walk and walk and never get tired.

We were sitting around the campfire and Adam decided to pick his own spot for his chair. Too cute.

2 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

What a beautiful place. Looks like you all had a great time. I love the boys dirty faces, perfect camper face;)

Annie Sunshine said...

That looks like so much fun. I totally intend to do Lassen next year. It looks like you could spend a good number of days there and not get bored.