Thursday, March 19, 2009

We are getting a vacation!!!!

Jason and I are finally getting a vacation with just each other. We are going to Hawaii and we can hardly wait.  It has been 10 years since our last vacation, just us, and I have never had a break from children since I had them.  So I've gone for 8 1/2 years without missing a full day of changing diapers, and dealing will all that other kid stuff.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my children but people do need breaks!

The kids were a little shocked at the announcement too.  Andrew had a look of disbelief. (He always talks about Hawaii and it's volcanoes.)  We are going to Maui so I reassured him that we weren't going to the island with the active volcano which made him feel better.  Natasha's first reaction was "Well, who is going to take of us????" Like I would leave them alone to fend for themselves. She was immediately comforted when I told her Nana was coming. I don't think the younger two really get it yet.

A few days later I had to go to AAA to pick up our packet of stuff from the travel agent. I had Preston and Adam with me and of course Preston was asking me all kinds of questions about Hawaii.  Where is it, is the ocean there, who is coming to take care of me, etc, etc.  Then when we parked in the AAA parking lot he said "Is this Hawaii?" If it were only that simple!

1 comment:

Kelly and Kyla said...

I am sooo jealous. That is so great you can go and leave the kids. FUN FUN FUN